Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Wonders of the Mind

escapades of the Woman at 3:33 PM








[Now Listening to: Just be Friends (rockleetist ver.)]
[Now Watching: None]
[Now Reading: The Sherlockian by Graham Moore]
[mood: Plain]


Hello, everybody! And to those who stayed in my dusty little blog. I'm bag and obviously I left this hometown again.

As always, things happened and yet...this was forgotten to its oblivion. But like always, I want to stand on my feet again. And probably do a bit better this time.

Why? Nothing really.

Okay fine. Well, as I posted in a social networking site, I had a discussion -- more like a lecture -- coming from my mom. She told me that my cousin (on her side, obviously) will be coming back from America. (Went there for a seminar or training or something). And by next week (I guess) he'll go to Germany. And to think that we both graduated on the same year. She told me I have to stop being immature and have goals to myself and perform it well. That I'm not getting any younger and I shouldn't waste time dilly-dallying about it. And she left me in my room with the feeling like I want to slit my wrist with a blade. Yep, that's what I feel most of the time these days, and I'm not going to lie about that. (this is my badass blog anyway *shrugs*)

Somehow, it made me ponder. Fuck, I'm tired of getting mad of her. Of everyone else. Myself is an exception due to I'll always be mad at me, no matter how I try not to. Anyways, yeah... seeing people in the said social networking site, and other people, I've thought about myself. I certainly cannot imagine myself working towards another path. However, the feeling of my first rejection was gnawing me. I've already forgotten my style of writing. Heck, I don't even know what's style is that or if I ever had one. I also couldn't rely on my thought bank inside my head. Coins were jaggling inside it. In short: it's empty. Although I have plots that comes into mind, yet they're all plain and were already done by other author's who's better than me. I know, I'm merely giving myself my own excuse not to continue. But...I want everything to be perfect. I don't know. Somehow, I became a perfectionist. A person who's outline should be done before writing everything on a pape. If not, I'm quite sure I'll mess it up.

I've seen some of my friends giving out lectures about photography, while others are starting to be an accomplished author by now. While I, yap about the world as to why I'm not like them: Talented, intelligent, brilliant like everyone else.

I'm certainly lost.

I've told myself that I'll quit writing. But whenever I do that and I found myself reading a book, a simple novel or even a fanfiction in my fandoms.  That want is driving me insane. Want to write a magnificent story like them. A story worth remembering. A character that not only people would love, but I would learn to hate so much. Because he breathe a life of his own, outside my pen and paper, just within a matter of seconds. Just like the immortal Sherlock Holmes and Arthur Conan Doyle.

Yes...that's my dream.

To hear people talking about my characters, my story, as if they're not one.
That's the legacy I want to create.
The power that I would be dying to rule.

So...here I am again.

Picking my feet up myself. Starting again. For how many times I have fallen, I still haven't learned my frickin' lesson. Bloody hell, eh?

Maybe because I'm a stubborn little authoress, who was trying to prove a point.

Not to others...but to myself.

That I can fucking do it.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha. my parents and i frequently have arguments regarding the future. and of course the age always comes up, and the fact that i'm an only child. i've already told them i'm still trying to find myself and that they should stop pressuring me co'z it'll only drag me back down, but hey, parents are parents. can't do nothing about it but try to understand their feelings, for hopefully in the future i'll have the chance to get married and have kids too. and i can feel that when i'm in that situation, i'll be protective and a worrywart as well.

as for writing, you can always go about it in anyway you want. if you feel that you need a style, try copying from others first. later on you will form your own depending on your preferences. what's more important than style is the essense of the story, the plot 1st and then the storytelling which will either move or disappoint readers, and that's where you will need style.

Anonymous said...

^ LOL @ my spelling of essence. And yes, proper grammar and spelling are a must as well. As well as increasing your vocabulary. If you intend to become a Pro, then you can start by having your drafts reviewed by friends so you can more or less draw some ideas on how to improve your story. best of luck Hime ^.^

the Woman said...

Well, I really intend to become a pro. And sadly, it's the plot that I usually fail at. And it hurts. :( Because I don't have that strong plot or conflict to write on. Whenever I think of it, it's too shallow. TT____TT

Yes, I would need someone who could help me review my drafts. Heck, I don't really know how to write a draft. XD But I would be really happy if someone would help me do it.

As for the vocabulary, I'm increasing it by going back again to reading. This time, I've been reading english novels. Expanding my vocabulary is a must yes. And yes the grammar. As for that, I've been Roleplaying in Tumblr so I've been practicing that one as well.

I even received a compliment that I was fluent with the language and she really thought I was an American. O_O

Probably one of the advantages of having those English Communication training in the call center companies XD

I really want to pursue this.

Anonymous said...

if you're free wanna go with me to komikon? you can get lots of ideas from the indie comics' you'll find there

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

oh i forgot, you already know how to write a draft. a draft is just that, something you haven't finalized yet.

i can help with the editing and review, but i can be very strict, since it's not casual reading anymore. esp. since written word is different from spoken, the latter, as long as you're comprehensible, grammar won't matter much. the errors i've been ignoring till now, i will point out. though it's better if we have another (Jam where are you?) to counter check, co'z like i've mentioned before i don't consider myself fluent yet (i'm aiming for a higher standard lol). *sigh* if only we've been taught english like the old days. during papa's college years, most of his teachers were either americans and europeans, and they were taught differently. constructing and deconstructing the word itself. thus they have a more solid foundation.

what genre(s) are you aiming for by the way?

the Woman said...

Oh, I really would love to go. However, I'm having drought in terms of money. OTL

Shite! Suddenly felt nervous about this. Haha XD Okay sure, since I still need a kick in terms of grammar and everything. It's the prepositions that still makes me confused. Wow, that made me envious. Wish we experienced that too. That would be cool.

I want to try my shot again in Philippine Romance first. However, I've also want to prepare myself, be risky and pass a MS to international publishers abroad. (yes, I'm a big dreamer haha XD)

Genres? Romance and Mystery. Male (others call it Adult) Romance too. XD
I have my eyes on Dreamspinner press. Harlequinn if lucky.

Anonymous said...

my wallet hates me as well. was doing my november budget earlier and it turns out after paying all bills and doing at least 13x therapy, i'll only have 1k left for the whole month. whole month! wtflol. so i'm gonna scrimp a lot on meals, i just hope i'll lose a lot of lbs doing this hahaha. and i won't faint due to starvation.

if you have any drafts i can start checking them. i'm free till december.

xian said...

Chihaaaaruuuu!!! :D
I think you just have to show your mom what you've really got and when the time you get successful, you can b*tch-slap it in everyones face ;D Heehee~

I'm no writer but I just looooovvveee to blog :D that's why I write anything that comes in my mind. I also wanted to try before having a theme but I can't manage, so i stick to what I'm comfortable with :) I envy people who creates great stories because I can't :D so if you've got that talent, GO! It's not that late :) and never will :)

Just believe~ Good luck!

the Woman said...

Wow, thank you Xiannnnnn XD
*glomps* I missed you! XD
Well, I will.. soon? XD
I'm currently working on it! Hope I'll be able to do it though. Hahaha XD

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Wingless Flight Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea